Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Last Days

So this hectic, wonderful time is nearing its end. At this point, I really just have a few random thoughts that I couldn't squeeze in other places floating around in my head as I try to make sure everything still fits in my bags. Here are a couple.


It's amazing how quickly you can pick up new habits. I spent the first couple of days here looking the wrong way when I crossed the street, and quickly became grateful for the "look left" or "look right" markings at crosswalks. But when we want to Paris last weekend, I found myself looking the wrong way again since continental Europe drives on the same side of the street as the US. Basically, what I'm saying is that I'll need someone to help me across the street for a couple of days when I get home and have to readjust to traffic coming the other way and jaywalking law, which don't exist here.


This trip has made me resolve to start exploiting the art and architecture available to me in Los Angeles more. All the museum hopping here has reminded me that I haven't been to Los Angeles County Museum of Art or the Getty in years, and there are several museums in LA that I haven't been to at all, but want to. We've visited five cathedrals here, but I've never been in the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in LA; it was controversial when it was built, but it would be interesting to see a modern version of the cathedral.


Since you've put up with me rambling for so long, here's what you've really been waiting for, pictures! I promise, other than the cover page, no words, so you can just enjoy the images (Note: The excerpts of artworks in here should be in the public domain; the latest work was created in 1921.):


1 comment: